There is so much news to tell and pictures to show that I thought I would do it in parts. I need to get right on this so that I can remember as much as possible.
The events leading to the big day!!
First it all started in week 34, like I said I just kept swelling up. We had a doctors appt. on Wed the 17th. We went in for the U/S and baby a's fluid was down to a 6 and still had not grown that much. Baby b was doing fine. Then we did a non stress test and everything was good on there. My blood pressures was really bad and they also check reflexes, and protein in my urine. These are the symptoms for toxemia. (which then leads to pre-eclampsia and a whole bunch of worse things.) So the doctors said we needed to have these babies within the next couple of days. We chose the next day, since we were already in down there. I all sudden got nervous and excited. A part of me wanted them to come soon, for my own selfish reasons, but I wanted them to be healthy too. So June 18, 2009 we scheduled a c section for 7:30 in the morning. This made me scared, because I am not a morning person and get a little sick in the morning times. I didn't mind my first c section. I felt I healed really fast and was good to go. Of course I don't have anything else to compare it to, but still I always said I would do another one! So we started making the calls to our fams to let them know we would soon be adding the 2nd and 3rd members of our family! We got a hotel room and my mom came down with our oldest to spend the night with us. I could not go to sleep. I didn't go to bed until 1 and had to get up at 5. We had to be 2 hours early to get checked in and what not. I was getting nervous and kept watching the clock. I was so glad to have my sweet hubby there holding my hand. Finally I walked into the OR and got up on the table. The spinal block was painful this time. They said it was because I was a little bit swollen. IT also took longer for it to work. The doctors asked if I could feel anything, they were pinching my toes! I said I thought I felt something on my stomach! I am not sure when they started. All I remember is telling hubby that it was coming. I was going to throw up. It is the weirdest feeling trying to throw up being numb and not being able to use my muscles! The docs also said that was very normal. They had to give me two different meds to stop it. Finally one baby was here! Crying and sounding healthy. We got to hold and see her, then 2 mins later out came the 2nd. She did not sound so good. They immediately took her to the nicu. Hubby followed her out to see if everything was ok, and I was wheeled into my room, I think. I really dont remember much!
To be continued in part 2!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







10 comments:
I've loved reading this. And I am so glad they are here! And that you don't have to be pregnant any more. What a relief! They are so cute deb: ) Good job!
I second the motion! I'm so glad your little one's made it and even more I'm glad I got to see you and the two. Well...and the four really! So sorry I had to jet out before we got to spend more time! I'm just glad that I got to see you and twice! I'll give you a call as things settle down because I know you'll have time to talk inbetween feedings!
Sherilyn
Deb- It's Ashley (Nield) I'm happy for you! I didn't even know that you were expecting twins!!! how exciting for you and what a hand full!!! my blog is private, email me and I will invite you. d-atalbot@hotmail.com
Congrats to you!
So happy for you! How would it be to go that early! Ha Ha What did you name them?
Congrats
So happy for you! How would it be to go that early! Ha Ha What did you name them?
Congrats
Wow! Your pregnancy went by fast! Maybe because I never saw you pregnant. I am so excited for you. I know this is late, but I hope everything is going well with both babies.
Colette just found out she is having twins. My aunt. She's a little scared and looking to buy someone's mini van!! Haha! Do you have one of those yet? Let me know how you are doin' kido!
Shwernc
But Debbie...I miss you!
D dawg,
I can't believe they are 2months. Sounds like everything is going well and you're about through the adjusting. Just used to being a big bad mom of 3 now! Sounds busy. I'm starting my job today...yikes. No, I'm excited although a little nervous. It's kind of a trial period for the week so I can see how I like it! I'm sure I will. I'm leaving here in just a few minutes but did want to say hello. Get some you time and I was actally wondering if I could order some Mary Kay from you. That's a funny thing I just thought of. Of course I would pay for shipping. Otherwise I might just to have to start being a consultant to get my own make up. Well, I'd better get. Wish me luck! Enjoy the rest of that summer of your seing how it's been such a cold one! Big gulps eh. Tell Kade hi!
Sherilyn
I loved reading this!!!I'm so glad your little one's made it ...Thanks for sharing with us..
--
Reenee
Are you scared to be alone at home need security
Post a Comment