Monday, July 27, 2009

Part 2

So I don't really remember them wheeling me into my room and I don't remember what happened after that. I just remember laying in my bed and I think they brought Tessa to me to nurse in just a little while. I kept calling her Austyn! She did look a lot like her, but I think I was aslo a little drugged up! I couldn't even get up to go see Talya until late that night or early morning. I din't even get to hold her for a day or two. I cried when I first saw her. She was hooked up to a lot of tubes and her poor little nose was so bruised it was completely black. The first c section they used staples and this time it was stitches. I can't even believe the difference. Stitches were so much better. I think i was up walking around and feeling better than I did the first time. Lets talk about hormones for a minute. To me before pregnancy and even before getting married, it was just a word that did not affect me! I think it is the main reason I gained so much with my fisrt pregnancy. I had no idea how big of a role they played in our health. So the second day in the hospital I was just talking to one of the nurses and was talking about Talya. I just started crying, because I felt like it wa my fault that she was in the NICU and everyting just seemed so sad or something. Then the next day I felt great and was happy and what not. Then the next day I hadn't eaten breakfast or anything and kade went and got a wheat grass shot for me, because it was supposed to help with being anemic. I guess I had lost 2 pints(I remember in the or the doctors telling kade he might want to watch his step, and Kade said a whole bunch of blood was oozing his way) and was on the verge of having to get a transfusion. The doctor said it was up to me. Anyway so I took the shot and it didn't taste too bad, and I was eating a breakfast sandwich and all of a sudden I couldn't keep anything down and starting throwing up a whole bunch. I burped and kade said it smelled like I ate a grass field or something. I threw up pretty much the whole day and was really weepy and what not. So my point was is that my hormones were still adjusting and what not. I think it helps knowing that hormones play such a big role and that is just not because somebody is crazy or something like that. After that I kind of started feeling better. Then I started to get really worried about my milk not coming in. It took five days for it finally come in all the way. In the mean time the hospital got their pump out and I got out a little bit and Talya was doing so well with eating. I did have to feed tessa some formula for the first little while.
Continued in part 3!!

No comments: