I went to the Ranch Rodeo here in town! I have never thought of myself as a cowgirl type person, especially growing up. Not that you have to be one to go to a rodeo! However over the past years I have grown fond of horses again! ( when i was young, young you could find me and my little brother on our hands and knees eating oats and drinking water out of a bowl!) I find the cowboy/girl thing so patriotic and I when I am thinking of it, it is the old way of things when handshakes were signatures, anyway back to the rodeo, the opening flag ceremony was awesome I felt so proud to be an American! the way it used to be, and not that I am that old but things have changed! I felt sorrow for the soldiers who came before me, for those who are now fighting. I never knew a flag and a song could evoke such emotion! The older I get and the more involved I get with our great country the more emotional I become. Thank you to those who sacrificed for our freedoms, thank you to their families who supported them, I could never express words the thanks you deserve!
Happy Freedom day America!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
love it.
I hear you. There's so much to be gained from others sacrifice, it's amazing what we have! Glad you had a good time at the Rodeo! Also, it made me laugh about you and Logan eating oats! I can just see it!
Post a Comment